Saturday, March 03, 2012

MALAYSIA TRIP 2012: Day 1 :)



I'm really excited to post about my recent Malaysia Trip. LOL.
It took me a month to conceptualize my thoughts. HAHA.
Anyway, FINALLY! I got a free time from work and from my work outside work. LOL. Whatever :))

Here's just a quick nooote: I consider myself as a:
1. budget traveler -- a person who will have FUN without spending TOO much. (I always aim for a 20k all-in budget -- ASIAN COUNTRIES ONLY)
2. light traveler -- a person who do not over pack. HAHA. Duffle bags are my favorite travel buddies! 

ANOTHER Note: I'll have 4 posts since we spent 4 days in Malaysia and I'll be specifying in all of my posts all of my expenses :))

LET'S START!

Sooo, I would like to tell you first how this "Malaysia Trip" popped up from our system. HAHA
My friends and I really want to go somewhere outside the Philippines but not really outside Asia HAHAHA since we have limited budget.

As early as November 2011, we're already looking for promos/cheap flights to HongKong or Malaysia. Here's a funny thing, so, Jenny (you'll meet her later HAHA) called me or texted me if I want to join them in a trip worth 15k, all-in! Sooo, I was like surprised. Really. But of course, I said, GOOO! HAHAHA Because I really want to travel! PLUS! I get to travel with my friends! AWWW. So that very moment, she got all my travel details - name, passport number, etc. I think a week after that or 2, Jenny tagged me on her status in Facebook that we're already booked HAHA and we already need to pay for the plane ticket MWAHAHA

First cash-out for MALAYSIA TRIP: 
Plane (RoundTrip) via Cebu-Pacific: P 5,760

Let's fast forward! 
January 2012, sooo, my other friend, Anne, processed all the stuffs with regard to our hotel. She picked Hotel Sempurna :) She booked for 2 rooms since we're 4 -- 2 persons per room.

I'll give my comment about the hotel later HAHA
For our 4days - 3 nights stay, each person have to pay P 2,045
Not bad, right? What is really important for me is a place where I can stay at night. The air-conditioned room is plus factor. I am really not choosy :)

Let's fast forward agaaain!
OMG!
February 3, 2012
MALAYSIA DAY 1 it is!

Our flight schedule to Malaysia was around 2:00 PM. We're in the airport (NAIA Terminal 3) at around 11:30 AM? Something like that. I forgot HAHAHA We're earlyyy. Reallyyy!
We did the manual check-in (we don't know how to use the web check-in LOL). We paid for the Philippine travel tax which costs P 1,620 -- for all international flights and P 550 for the terminal fee which is previously P 750 HAHAHA (We're lucky, aren't we? HAHA because as of now, the terminal fee for international flights is back to P 750 HAHA)

LUNCH!
We ate are lunch in the airport.

 TACO DOG FOR MEEE :))

aaand water (From Jenny's house HAHA)

Note: I'm on a little sacrifice in my whole Malaysia Trip for a certain reason that I can't tell youuu (SORRY! TOP SECRET LOLS) that's whyyy I only drink WATER in the whole trip (I guess, I only drank 2 drinks that are colored. I'll give the explanation later)

OHHH! Before I forget, I want you to meet my travel buddies :)

 Say Hello to Jenny :) My thesismate, bestfriend! She's one of those REAL FRIENDS that I super treasuuure :) 
TRIVIA about Jenny: She's just 2days older than meee HAHA and we were born in the same hospital aaand we really have so many things in common -- travel, fashion, boys? EHEM HAHA :) SOULMATES! LOL

Hooraaay for Chinese friends! Joann(left) and Anne(right)
TRIVIA about Joann: Most generous person ever! She brought with her a very BIG suitcase with only 1/3rd space filled in. The 2/3rd part is for all the 'PASALUBOOONGS' :) She's fluent in Chineeese! That's a great advantage if you're travelling in Asian countries! SWEAR!

TRIVIA about Anne: I sooo looove this ladyyy! She laughs at my jokes all of time! HAHA She's alsooo a good listener :)) Thankfuuul to have heeer in my liiife! REALLY!

TRIVIA ABOUT US: WE LOOOVE TO TRAVEEEL! :))

Moving on...

OMG! I forgot to tell youuu that it's actually my first time to travel outside the country! :)) That's whyyy I'm really excited to get my passport stamped LOL

YESSS! SUPER EXCITED MEEE :))))))





SAY GOODBYE TO MANILAAAAA!
Hello Airplane LOL!









After almooost 4hoursss!
We can really saaay ouuut looouuud!
HELLOOO MALAYSIAAAAAAA! :D



Note: From this part until the last post about Malaysia, I'll be using Ringgit alreadyyy instead of Peso :)

Here's my beginning balance :)
Sooo, while in the Philippines, I had my PESO money converted to USD alreadyyy. 
I have USD 250 when I left the Philippines (P 10, 750).
When we arrived in Malaysia, we had our money converted to RM first but since USD 1 is equivalent to RM 2.8 (which is sooo looow), I had USD 20 only to be converted to RM then I had the rest of my USD to be converted in other money changer (In Pavillion Mall, their exchange rate is USD 1 = RM 2.98) :)

Tip: Avoid money changers in the airport HAHAHA You'll be very poor. I swear!

Here's my total money in RM:
RM 56 + RM 685.40 = RM 741.40 (USD 250)
That's my beginning balance :)

SO MUCH FOR THE MONEY THINGY! :D
Let's keep goin' babyyy!


WELCOME TO HOTEL SEMPURNA :)



Hotel Sempurna is a perfect hotel for backpackers since it's cheap and it has a very small room HAHAHA


 The Bed. It's comfy and big. 


  The TV. It's also big HAHA TV with cable.


There's the remote control for AC. Power for lights. Key Card System. :)


After fixing some stuffs, we left the hotel to feed our tummies :)
Here's what I really love with the hotel's location: ALMOST ALL OF THE MALLS/SHOPPING CENTERS are walking distance from our hotel :))


Anyways, we went to Pavillion Mall (5minutes away from hotel) to have our USD converted. Grabbed a teksi (taxi). Went to Suria KLCC to eat and to have a picture with PETRONAS TOWER! OMG!


 Welcome to Suria KLCC!


 Penang Nyonya for Dinner :) Veryyy Malaysiaaan


 Perakan Fried Rice (RM 8.90)


 Penang Fried Kway Teow (RM 8.90) -- this one's kinda spicyyy! Love it! :)

 Chicken Satay (RM 12.90) 


with the Peanut Sauce! YUMMY! -- kinda sweet!

Nyonya Nasi Lemak (RM 9.90) -- Chicken Curry is LOOOVE!

Water for meee (RM 1.80) -- kinda priceyyy


HOORAY FOR A HAPPY MEAL! YUMYUM :))





Off to PETRONAAAAAS! :))





 OMG! DREAM COME TRUE :))







LIKE A BOSS :)) 


Day 1 is over HUHU Choz!
Went back to hotel.
Stopped by 7eleven (across the hotel).
Bought ice cream and snacks and water :)




SOOO FAR, SOOO GOOD! HOORAY FOR DAY 1 :)


P.S.
Here's the breakdown of MY EXPENSES for my 1st day in Kuala Lumpur :)


Limo from LCCT airport to Hotel Sempurna: RM 25.50
Teksi to Suria KLCC (Petronas) from Pavillion Mall: RM 5.00
Dinner: RM 11.95
Teksi from Petronas back to Hotel Sempurna: RM 3.75
7eleven (water and ice cream): RM 2.30


DAY 1 EXPENSES: RM 48.50


Tip: If youuu love walking, KL is the best place for youuu LOL try to find shortcuts and avoid teksi's at night. Bring a map! A big map! We did not know that we can walk from Pavillion to Suria KLCC (It's like 10minute-walk away). We spent an effin' RM 20.00 just to go there via teksi :(( Bad teksi driver! He took advantage of usss :((


By the way, sorry for a supeeer lengthyyy post HAHAHA 
I really want to guide youuu all so you'll know what to do in KL :))
Don't forget to leave comments :))
I would also looove to answer sooome of your questions :))


***Some of the photos were grabbed from Jenny and Joann :))***
***Some of the crappy and grainy photos were not from Baby Nik but from my phone and brother's tab***


Lotsa Love,
Larraine <3

8 comments:

  1. very lala! :) certified travel blogger ka na. chos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG BEA! Thank youuu sooo much! HAHAHA Wait mo pa yung Day 2,3,4 HAHAHAHAHA Cacareerin ko tooooooooo! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very informative and funny blog :)) may side comments na "HAHA" naiimagine tuloy kita :)) Great pics too!
    Sali ako next out of the country trip!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY JAKIII! Thank youuu! Eh gusto ko kasi talaga mafeel n readers yung happiness ko LOL Super mas okay kaya pag very personal yung blog HAHAHA (Ang dami kong alam, blahblah) HAHA

    YES PLEASE! SALIII KAAA NEXT TIME :))
    Thanks Jaki! MISS YOUUUUU :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha! ang cute mo lala! ..gusto ko yung skirt mo, where did you get that? malaysia ba yung train ride away from singapore?

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHA Thanks Julie! OM! Secret lang natin to! Sa SM Quiapo Outlet ko nakuha skirt kooo! P300.00 lang yaaan! Nakamarkdown kasi lahat sa SM Quiapo di baaa? hehe Yuppie! One train or bus away lang ang KL sa SG :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. ayan na naman ang Quiapo! haha! hindi parin ako nakakapunta ng Quaipo! ang dami ko ng nammiss sa buhay! hahaha! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. AY! Pagnakaluwag talaga kooo dalhiiin kitaaa! :)) ang dami mo na talagang namiss! HAHA

    ReplyDelete